Monday, June 25, 2007

Bintulu's Beatles mania days of the 60's




Those Beatles days in Bintulu!
Got to have a copy of "OK Hit Songs " book. And the only place to purhase them was at "Nyiap Mui Bookstore". In the old days it was located at No.11, Law Gek Soon Road. A must stop if you are to purchase a copy of the "Dolphin Magazine", " Sarawak Tribune " and Borneo Literature Bureau school textbooks. If you have a copy of those song books with Nyiap Mui Bookstore stamp( " Chop" as what local Chinese businessmen call it) then you are hitting a goldmine. With both this combination you can now proof that you are really a seniour citizen of Bintulu!. Thanksfor the good life.
Down Memory lane. In the 1960's, ( that's about 100years after we were freed from the control of Brunei Sultans) we used to play on guitars and sing -a -long sessions the following Beatles numbers:
1) Paperback Writer
2) Michelle
3) Drive My Car
4) Nowhere Man
5) In My Life ( my favourite in later years}
6) Can't Buy Me Love
7) Day Tripper
8) Eight Days a Week
9) From Me to You
10) Help
11) I Feel Fine
12) I'll Follow the Sun
13) I'm Happy Just to Dance with You
14) I Should have known better
15) I Want to Hold Your Hand
16) Long Tall Sally
17) Norwegian Wood
18) Please Mr. Postman
19) P.S. I Love You
20) She Loves You
21) She's a Woman
22) Ticket to Ride
23) We can Work it Out
24) Yesterday
25) Penny Lane
26) Sgt. Peper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
27) Strawberry Fields Forever
28) When I'm Sixty Four
29) Lady Madonna

No comments: